About us

 

The Cortland United Church was born on September 13, 1982, with the signing of the Articles of Incorporation merging the Pilgrim Congregational Church, established 1875, and the Epworth Methodist Church, established 1875.  Worship services alternated by month between the "North Building" (Epworth, 1918) and the "South Building" (Pilgrim, 1919) until structural problems at the North Building forced its closing.  At that time, the stained glass altar window (North) was combined with the wood cross (South) as the altarpiece of the one church. 

 

Pastoral leadership has been provided by Richard F. Banzhaf (1978 - 1983), Walter L. Jewett (1983 - 1984), David N. Patterson (1984 - 1987), Carl F. Kemper (1987 - 1988), C. Howell Bischoff (1988 - 1993), Timothy A. Travers (1993 - 1994), Kathy Rahorst (1994 - 2002), Gil Karges (2002 - 2007), and Casey Karges (2007 to present).

© 2016 by Cortland United Church.  Proudly created with Wix.com

  • facebook-square